Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit embarrased about this one but I need some advice please;

I recently mis sexed a doe and left her in the "care" of a young buck - she is now heavily pregnant.

She is VERY young - I don't have my records to look at (they're in the shed) but I remove "bucks" at 4 weeks so I would guess she's about 7 possibly 8 weeks old.

What's going to happen?? I'm really devastated I got it so wrong and with such devastating results - I've never had such a young pregnant doe, is she going to be alright?

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
dont worry about it naomi, wait until she has her litter and decide then... she may suprise u and cope really well... just spoil her with lactol and stuff and hopefully shell be ok :) x

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm just worried because the pet litter I recently had (thanks to ITV production company) didn't go too well, I still have the 7 boys and they're TINY in fact my 2 week old babies are bigger than they are and they're almost 8 weeks - it's not just their size it's the fact they're weedy with it - not to mention eating me out of meal worms :lol:

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
haha, talking of mealworms, ur bloody satin boy has eaten nearly a whole tub to himself, greedy bugger lol...

like i said wait until she has them then decide, she may produce a litter of whoppers :) x

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
If they are weak and you don't want them cull all.No point in growing on unhealthy individuals,hard enough to produce good ones.Leave them 5 days or so and then assess,they may be ok.If the mother is spikey looking after having them then she hasn't coped and you will have to cull them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts