Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have some mice (will do better pics later) and i thought they might be silver burmese from a post i remembered of some of sarahs (dawson) mice, but i've been looking on finn mouse and i see 'pearl' and then pics that are yours caits!! and it looks very similar, these are from a chinchilla buck x himi mating.

you cant tell much from this old pic as they are too little, their colour has really changed now,

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
I think the word 'chinchilla' is key there, the same as it was with Sarah's. They are c-dilutes of some kind, which would be either ch/cch or c/cch depending on what they inherited from the himalayan parent. Basically their genes mean they appear 'washed out' due to the genetic effect on colour.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah ok, that makes complete sense, does that mean they are a diluted colour then rather than that i have created a seperate colour, so i couldnt call them pearl/silver burmese or anything like that?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
c-locus is quite complex and there are lots of shades which vary a bit which can be caused by the same genetic codes. Finnmouse site has great info on the c locus and the effects of heterozygouos genetics from the c locus. I would go over and look for you but the computer is acting up.

·
Registered
160 Posts
My 'silvered burmese' as i was once told were chinchilla x siamese/himi (i really dont know) and i have since been told they may be lilac?

To be honest i still really dont know what they are, they did produce slight points with age though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts