Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so my dog Ruby has been to stud, she has come back very different she is much more calm which is lovely, now I have looked on the internet trying to find out how to tell your dog is in pup, all I keep getting is you can not tell unless you go to the vet. Well I have noticed apart from her more calm personality that her nipples are very prominant and rather plump looking, they are normally very tiny and well, shrivelled. To me that tell me she must be in pup, even when she is in season her nipple dont do this. She has only been back with us for just under 2 weeks. So any of you that breed dogs have you noticed these signs when your dogs are pregnant?

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
Don't be taken in by the swollen nipples,even if they produce milk it means nothing.If a bitch has been mated she will show all the signs of pregnancy whether she is or isn't.You cant tell before 5 weeks usually and often not before 7 weeks.Obviously if she's having quite a few pups she will gain weight rapidly after 5 weeks and there will be no doubt. when the dog is very relaxed lay your hand on her,at 5 weeks you may feel or even see a ripple/flutter.As pregnancy progresses you can feel them moving easily and also see them kicking but thats usually after 7 weeks.Think of each week as the equivalent of a month of a human pregnancy 9weeks =9months.Then you will understand 2weeks=2months,to early to tell anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts