Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i've just put my name down for 2 siamese does, but i'm now thinking maybe i should have got a buck too?

If i want to produce siamese offspring from these does, what coloured buck could i breed with to have a likelyhood of getting Si young?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to check, but the person whos got them does breed them as siamese they're not just a couple that have popped up in a litter.

But i'm not sure what they breed them for and the genetic history, so i shall ask!

I've seen two specimiens that a friend owns who will be getting mine for me from the same source, they are beautiful, one was long coated and the other normal.

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
If they were from show lines you could cross to self black or blue and get a mixture of selfs and siamese which when bred back in will produce more siamese.If the heritage is mixed, results can't always be predicted and you would also need the selfs that you were breeding in to be pure so to speak to predict the offspring.Bit of a lottery otherwise .Blue or black would be the usual outcross for siamese though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.