Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After speaking to an actual breeder, I was wondering if some one could tell me if Siamese mice have white bellies? Out of my 9 siamese mice, 8 have white bellies - the one that doesn't is the darkest of them with red eyes. I haven't been able to find mention of this at all on NMC so wasn't sure if this is normal. If it isn't, then is it possible to have Siamese marked fox mice? (Told you I'd ask stupid questions!!! :lol:)

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
The c-locus colours (siamese, chinchilla, cream etc) dilute tan to white, so if a siamese mouse has a tan gene then it will have a white belly.

ETA: Siamese, cream and stone fox mice are not shown in this country, so that's why you weren't able to find any info :)

Sarah xxx

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhh! Okay, that makes sense as Sookie's sister is a dilute tan (not sure if a dove or champagne or stone. I would get on better if I could actually see a live mouse instead of going by piccies :p) So it technically makes them foxes then as opposed to true siamese?

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Yeah, true siamese are siamese coloured underneath as well.

Dove is grey with red eyes, champagne is pale, warm beige with red eyes, and stone is beige or light brown with black eyes, if that helps?

Have a look at this website:
http://hiiret.fi/eng/breeding/varieties/index.html
It's got a ton of pictures and information on a LOT of mouse varieties. Some of the names are different, like our black eyed siamese is their colourpoint beige, our stone is their beige, etc, but it's a font of useful stuff :)

Sarah xxx

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link! That helps a little, Sookie's sister has red eyes and looks grey in photos but is paler in real life so I'm thinking dove :D Thank you!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.