Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I think so, Ive heard of Siamese Sable Foxes, so I would think you can take the sable out and just have siamese fox

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see. :eek:

Well. The reason I asked is because I think I have one, lol.
I never noticed, because... well, it's very difficult to see.

The reason I got suspicious about her being something else, was because I bred her with a self black father, and got all siamese babies, one self black baby, and one black fox baby.
I was really confused about the fox baby, since I know the male is from a loooooooong line, of nothing but blacks, even though the female is a bit of a mutt. But I picked the female up last night, and noticed that she had a white tummy! So I guess she's a tan or a fox, or what-have you. There's a line where you can just BARELY tell the difference in fur colour, but it's most noticeable on her rump, where you can see the line between her brown butt, and her white tummy. Very cool.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
:lol: I asked this not long ago when I first joined because a breeder I had been talking too asked me why I kept talking about white bellies on my siamese :lol: I've got 9 siamese foxes and they are so cute (although I did think until joining here that white bellies were standard :oops: )

·
Registered
566 Posts
*rubs hands together*.....i have a female siamese.....and a black tan buck..... well, worth a try! either way, it's a new litter at the end of the day, and it's about time this buck got his freak on as so far he's not had a look in with the ladies! :lol:

·
Registered
834 Posts
haha as long as you dont deside to keep him lol mine mine mine

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
It shouldn't be difficult to see, because a Siamese is brown with dark-brown-to-black points, and the belly would be solid white.

·
Registered
834 Posts
would it work on a burmese though? like the tan go white i mean?

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
In order to be a fox of any sort, the belly must be white. This is a defining feature of what makes a fox.

·
Registered
834 Posts
i know that but to make sia fox you can breed black tan to a sia and because of the dilute of the sia gene it makes the tan white hense a fox belly i'm just wondering if it would be the same for a burmese but i think i've answered my own question lol the burmese isnt a dilute.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
How do you make Burmese (i.e. what is the gene code)? I've seen mice who are a couple different things referred to as "Burmese" before..

A Siamese fox would be a mouse who is at/at ch/ch.

·
Registered
834 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Imagine this mouse with a solid white belly running in a clear line, with regular color on the outside of the arms but white on the inside, and that's what a Siamese fox would look like. I don't have the photoshop skills to make it look Siamese fox, but if anybody wants to, feel free (Willow? lol)...

·
Registered
834 Posts
yeah but could you get that by breeding a black tan with a burmese is my point lol, you can get a siamese fox by breeding a black to a siamese coz of the dilute i want to know if you can do the same for a burmese?

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Artuntaure said:
yeah but could you get that by breeding a black tan with a burmese is my point lol
Probably not. You'll need one parent mouse to contribute cch and one to contribute ch. The burmese cannot contribute both, so the black tan would be required to contribute either cch or ch, and unless the black tan happens to carry those alleles, it won't.

Artuntaure said:
you can get a siamese fox by breeding a black to a siamese coz of the dilute i want to know if you can do the same for a burmese?
But you can't get a Siamese fox by breeding black to Siamese.

·
Registered
834 Posts
haha no problem jack i couldnt understand some of it myself, its even more confusing coz i'm not good with genetics. Yeah i read it somewhere that if you cross a Black tan with a siamese , because of the dilute of the siamese the tan tummy would go white hense a siamese fox. i just wondered if the same would happen if it was a cross of black tan and burmese.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts