Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody!

I know it's a bit of a way in advance, but I am currently saving up for a trip, and after I get out of grad school in 2013 I am going to come to England to visit, probably London just because it seems that's where all the action is at. I don't personally know any people there, but I was wondering if any shows are held, generally speaking, in September? September would be a good month of the year for me to get there...if it were possible, I'd love to learn some things from the judges, as all the judges in the US are trained by one very nice lady who went to England to get trained some years ago.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hehe...I recently decided that I want to go to England and I can make it happen if I save adequately, so this is going to be a positive goal for me to work toward the next couple of years. :D

I'd come sooner but from 2011-2013 I'll be in school basically constantly. :p

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
I'm sure that if you come to a mouse show you can sit next to one of the judges and have them go through what they look for with you as they are judging. There are at least 4 judges that are members of this forum and I would think all (including me) would be happy to try and help a 'fellow fancier'. When you have finalised your plans you might want to write to the NMC News (our monthly magazine) about your visit, then people will be glad to help when you introduce yourself on the day!

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok. Super. :D

I actually have a very close friend who married an Englishman and they're living in the US so I'm going to rely on them to help me with the whole process of getting to England. :p

As the time approaches and things are set in stone I will definitely be letting folks know and asking a million questions, I'm sure. :D

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
2013? Ooo... hopefully my Lilac project will be on its way to showable by then, so I may see you there!! =oD

I live about half an hour outside of central London, so if you want someone to chat about meeces, just gimmie a bell! hehe

Willow xx

·
Registered
436 Posts
I've been wondering this too, sort of - I plan to visit the UK and acquire some beautiful show mice and see a real show. I feel like if I told anyone, though, they'd think I was beyond nerdy, so I just tell them I'd just love to visit where my ancestors lived (which is true as well). :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts