Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

it will be lovely to see you at shows Sarah, you don't have to be a member to show at NFRS shows, they are all open, so you could try some out for size :)

I'm judging in Meldreth on 14th November, which I don't think is too far from Leicestershire, not sure where you are[/quote]

I am in the centre of Leicester.I have downloaded the application for membership .Are there adult and baby classes and how far in advance of a show do you need to enter.Also are the show cages specific :?:I find it surprising that you don't need to be a member :? Why do people join?

· Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this was very useful thanks.I will be going ahead although if I have a litter of puppies :pray it will curtail showing before Christmas.Can anyone describe in a nutshell what the ideal show rat should be.Also are they shown after having a litter and how many are needed to be a viable stud :thx Do they require any show prep as in tail shampooing ....What is considered undesirable in rats.

· Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you all for the info.I have around a 100 mice boxes(to many varieties)and definately don't want to end up in the same boat with rats.I will just stick with the one sort.No problems cutting the toe nails,I kept all my hairless rats clipped and it's a doddle compared to doing the dogs and worse still the parrots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.