Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, me again with another show question!

I have a lovely dove buck (as seen in the first three pictures of this thread: http://www.fancymicebreeders.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2045). He's very chunky and big for his age with very thick tail, but I was wondering if I should show him or not. The judge won't know he's only 11 weeks old, so will his age go against him when competing against more mature bucks? Do you think I should enter him or enter another U/8 doe instead? He's the only adult dove I have currently able to go to a show.

Sarah xxx

·
Registered
543 Posts
The dove buck in the top pic looks like a fair mouse but has several obvious faults ( bearing in mind the difficulty of judging mice in pics). He appears to have a light nose (a common fault in doves) moult on his head (may be moulted through by now) a slightly uneven colour and may be a little light in overall colour (this is very hard to assess in a pic). Having said all that if hes your only adult hes worth entering in a class that may not be very competetive and he could possibly get you a red card and into the challenges. Sorry if this sounds a bit negative but remember all mice have faults and yours may well have less than others.

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for replying! He does look better in real life - his colour looks a bit funny due to the colour of the wooden shelf he's sat on reflecting on to his belly and sides. The photo is also a bit pale. He does have a slightly lighter nose though and he also has slight tanning to his vent. He couldn't compete with the U/8 dove does I'm putting in, they're much better - but the adults and U/8s are judged separately, aren't they?

Sarah xxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.