Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My black tan was giving birth and I was quietly checking, but its night time here and my mouse rack is in a closet. I had an LED flash light to peer up under the cage floor and just make sure all was well. When I was done I checked everyone else real fast and noticed my black mouse wasn't as black as I thought she was, and with the flash light I could see she looked like a hooded rat in pattern with a, I assume, dark chocolate base? I never looked at her in the sunlight before and probably never would have noticed without the bright light. It took forever to get these couple of pics, any ideas?

Here she looks black, just the edge of her side looks reddish.

This is blurry, but you can sorta see the black head with the brown under the chin, going up behind the head.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah, have no idea her parentage, she came out of a feeder bin in the local pet shop. If you haven't read my other posts, it seems she carries r-yellow, and blue from her litter history, and she had 1 black kit I was going to look at tomorrow in the daylight and see what color it really was, lol.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay great, thanks alot. I just wasn't sure if I had some odd extremely dark color like some cats and other animals get and I hadn't read about in mousey form. Black is fine with me, lol, even if it isn't the best color. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts