Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I have paired a semi long hair champagne buck with two short hair dove does and got all dove babies (which now all carry champagne - this I learned I would through an earlier post - thanks!!!) However, I was hoping they would all be short haired (which looks lovely and velvety) instead they seem to look like the dad, fuzzy and a bit messy. Could semi long hair be dominant over the original short haired condition? surely not? Please share your experiences!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Semi long hair should inherit the same as long hair. From what I learned through one of my post is semi long haired mice are geneticly long haired mice but for whatever reason it doesn't show up like it should therefor your doe probably carries the longhaired gene as well. Though that dosn't explain why the whole litter is semi long haired you should have gotten closer to half normal hair and the other half long haired.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I didn't know that! So long hair and semi long hair are simple recessive, my females must be carriers and the male is pure recessive. Makes sense!
Thanks again,
Isabella

1 - 3 of 3 Posts