Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mouse, who I've been breeding a lot to 'all my single ladies'. :roll:
Anywho, I recently separated him from a 2-doe cage, and noticed his penis was hanging out. At the time, I just though, 'Ew! Put that thing away!' and put him in his normal cage, and left him be.

But this morning, while checking in with everyone, I picked him up, and it was still just hangin' out. I don't think it's gone back in since yesterday, if not longer than that. Has anyone ever hear of a male mouse getting 'stuck' like this? Is it bad? Should he have it checked out? Or is he just a little too excited about being with all these ladies? -shrug-

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Any pictures? Hamsters can get this, where once the bit is out (don't know if correct term will trigger forum language filters! lol) hair can get trapped around it and cause it to get stuck out. It's usually not good, it generally dries up and gets infected.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i had this with a rat - poor guy was very uncomfortable :[ i phoned my vet, who told me that if there was nothing stuck there, a little dab of olive oil and some strategic massage should help him recover his dignity. it worked but i ended up better aquainted with my rat's tackle than i ever thought i would be :shock: :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.