Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just told by someone that I shud keep me starting to breed mice to close friends becuz if i get caught apparently
it effects council tax or something. And when I told them it shouldn't matter as it wouldn't be a business just a hobby
and I wouldn't be earning anything from it as all money would go towards food etc he said it doesnt matter the council
would think different. Does any1 else know anything on this as I think its absurd? ppl sell things everyday and its not a
business, why would this be counted as one? :blink :book1

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
Rubbish I should think.You'll never make any money out of breeding mice.There will be nothing to tax.What about all the people who breed dogs,breed &race pigeons,breed and race greyhounds,breed & show rabbits.All capable of bringing in more revenue than mice and I don't know of anyone at a hobby level who pays tax.I know one person who has a business and pays tax/vat breeding and showing bulldogs but it is literally their livelyhood with big stud fees involved and puppies being exported,hardly compares.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.