Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it her first litter? Sometimes the first litter is small. The smallest litter I've had was 5 babies. I left the litter unculled and they grew up to be some of the biggest babies I've ever had. :p

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
I had a period of about two months during which I had litters of one, two, or three by three different does. I think it may have something to do with the season, or the lighting conditions,or some other thing. Does are mounted many times before they actually conceive and the less experienced bucks may not accurately deliver the necessary 'payload' when they complete the job. I would suppose that obese meeces have an entirely different set of difficulties conjugating.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sure they're adorable! If you can, post pictures. :)

Getting rid of the runt will free up some of the resources he'd use for the others. It's for the betterment of the whole litter to cull runts as soon as it's apparent that they're runts. Some people just can't bring themselves to do this though, so it's just a suggestion which you're free not to take. :)

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
kathy, ive never met u and i dont have a clue who ur talkin about, but please dont give up on showing as these bubs of urs are stunning and i sure know i was lookin forward to seeing them at shows next year :) x x x

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
ok hun, but seriously dont let it put u off... these are ur mice and it should be u there showing them off and winning with them, not letting 1 person get in ur way.. otherwise hes won then hasnt he.
well all be at the shows, point him out and if he tries anything well boof him up :) x

1 - 20 of 24 Posts