Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just hate waiting for babies but they are finally here! I am so excited!
My Satin fawn girl just had 6 healthy babies last night. She looked like she was going to have 20 but only 6. I am hoping for dove or champain in this litter but im not sure yet. I cant wait till i can start to see colors. I was only able to take pics of 3 of them but as they get older i will update pics. This is my first litter so i am really excited!! :mrgreen:

This is mom on her babies.

Here you can see babies better.

And here a few of the babies.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the US we dont have many true fawns. But i dont like to call them recessive yellow. That term makes me asume they are ugly. So i call them fawn. But the pet store i got my trio of these from has no clue of their genetics so they very well could be true fawn but probibally not.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I know true fawns are rare here,which is why I was asking. I didnt know where you got yours from.
I dont think calling them recessive yellow makes them ugly,lol. Most of my brindles are RY based.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
lol. At first I didnt like the term either,but after getting jumped on another forums for useing the name fawn improperly, I learned to like it,lol.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I dont think it matters to much on this forum,but on some others, the breeders flip out.
Was the buck a satin as well? I love satins :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes the buck is satin. They are all very beautiful. I want to have satin doves. Atleast that is my goal and i thought that satin fawns were a good place to start.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
You can just as legitimately say "recessive fawn" if you don't like "recessive yellow." The "recessive" part of the name just designates its mode of inheritance since there are many ways to get yellow/orange/gold/red mice.

BTW, that mouse wouldn't actually be fawn anyway. It's too light and too orange. Some clubs call it "gold" or "orange," though, regardless of eye color.

One of these days I'm going to create a world government and use my magical powers to create a uniform mouse terminology that means the same thing everywhere. :p

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I have a little girl just like her! ^-^

She's the mother of my new rexes.... Who might actually be texels. xD

Either way, I love these gold coloured mice. <3

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
I don't mind the light gold color. I wish somebody who shows in a club where "gold" or "orange" is standardized would actually breed them to standard. They do have potential, especially with the pink eyes.

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
I noticed last night that the AFRMA has altered it's list of standard colors to include gold and orange in addition to fawn. When did that happen?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
The mother mouse is very beautiful - here is hoping her babies are just as gorgeous!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Unfortunately this morning i woke up and found a dead babie. :(
But on the good side of things there is still 5 big healthy babies!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts