Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, can u help me work out what colour these bubs are,
the mums are himilayan satins and the dad is a red satin :)

this black and a few of the others has a silver tummy

theres also a few self blacks, but theyre too pingy i couldnt get a pic :) x

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just wanted to say they are absolutely gorgeous!!!

The first looks like my champagnes, but can't be cos of the black eyes, I would love to know what he is! All totally amazing tho, you're so lucky!!!

·
Registered
523 Posts
I think you have a little red guy 3rd pic down, and the following whitish types Id call creams? I assumed all pink eyed reddish looking mice were fawn but Im probably totally wrong...wouldnt want to guess at the others :lol: Maybe the first one is stone? Im clueless. Theyre lovely anyway

·
Registered
374 Posts
i'll have a stab, though don't take me for 100%!

1st: cream satin/stone satin?
2nd: fawn satin
3rd: red satin
4th: ivory (pink eyed white satin) though may be himalayan, i don't know how long it takes points to come through?
5th: same as above
6th: and again
7th: black - probably satin as the rest of the litter seem to be! as for the silver tummies, I want to see to believe as this gene is a bit odd here I think?

Vi x

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think ur right, only 1 im not sure on the colour is no.5 as its really dark grey, doesnt show in pic and has pink eyes. could it be silver or dove x ill try get a pic of tummy x

·
Registered
374 Posts
no. 5 looks in no way grey on that pic, it really would show up, and the pics are quite decent! with pink eyes though is your SURE its a grey colour it will be dove. BUT given the parents, it doesn't seem likely, but I havn't quite grasped genetics in mice yet so could be totally wrong.

Vi x

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes naomi i did get it, told u ud change ur mind ;)
i dont really feel comfortable choosing them for u tho, so might just bring them all with me and let u choose :) as long as u dont steal my fawn girl, i love her <3

and heres the pics u requested vi, the one of the black with silver tummy isnt very good as theyre the wriggliest for some reason lol, this is the best i could get...

and secondly theres the silver dove one i was telling u about , pic 5 i think it was... shes really dark grey isnt she? x

·
Registered
374 Posts
in those pics she definatly looks dove.

as for the black... odd, but does look like its a fox.... so black fox. but i don't understand the genetics enough to tell you how!!

Vi x

·
Registered
374 Posts
tadd odd also that the one in #5 looked so white in your first set of pics!!! sure you didnt get the pics muddled? eeee mice!

vi x

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
The pink eyed grey satin definately looks like a dove to me in the latest pictures. Cameras can be very funny, and I suppose it'd even worse for satins what with the translucent hairs refracting the flash strangely. The photos of my doves never, ever come out the right colour or even shade. Another thing is that I've noticed dove can be very changeable from when the fur first grows through to adulthood and they usually do start off paler - my best dove buck is now 6 months old and he was almost white as a baby. The best coloured babies end up too dark and the ones that are too pale generally have great colouring by the time they're ready for breeding. At least in my experience anyway :)

Sarah xx

1 - 17 of 17 Posts