Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sam and the boys are in bachelor's quarters now. Sally has a litter of eight very nice long-bodied, milk-bellied, noisy little pink piggies.

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's picture of Sally's new litter. I don't know where the time has gone!

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pink eyed dilutes have been my faves from the start. I breed more fawn than others, but I have mixed litters of fawn, argent and champagne a couple of times a year, and these litters are the latest. I think it helps the fawns get even colored bellies, and helps the tan bellies on my chams somewhat as well. My highest aspiration is a nice pale cham with a blazing bright orange belly. and getting that will also give me that on the fawn meeces, who tend to be lighter on their bellies. Argente in satin is an incredible treat as the silvery-blue shines out through the orange tips on the translucent satin hairs. Did you know that satin meeces individual hairs are hollow just like the hairs on a polar bear?

My second highest aspiration is a true red coat on a red eyed mousie. May never happen, it takes a long time to push a genotype to radical changes.

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sally's color has deepened as is typical in my recessive fawn meeces. Her babies are about 7 days old, and she has her five girls from her first litter to help tend the babies.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts