Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I mentioned it briefly in the BMFP, I thought I'd post separately about the passing of Adamant, my best tri stud. He was found looking like he was just resting his head on his paws, and I was shocked when he didn't open his eyes as I took the cage top off for feeding. He was neither very young nor very old, and seemed to be in good health. He was sharing a tank with the tr blue tri does and one litter of fuzzies. He was about a year old, and leaves behind dozens of offspring. His last litter is a good looking one, and I'll post pix later.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe I'll use one of his sons; I also plan on seeing what Sweetheart can do. He's from the litter I had off of Diamond Stud, a satin pew, and I think it's good to include that outcross in the general tri population in my mousery. He's a very friendly boy, of good size, and I think his markings are nice. I also still have Nibbles, who has been pressed into service again, being bred to a yellow tri doe, in order to find out if she carries A^y. She doesn't; she's recessive yellow, which is good. I'm going to try to use only recessive yellow for my yellow tris from now on, and see if I can eliminate the obesity problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.