Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i examined and held Lily's babies. There were 6 of them, but i think she's eaten one as could only find 5 babies.

They're doing well, but three of the babies are large and podgy but the other two are much smaller... still lively though. Is it possible to have 2 runts to a litter?

It looks like 2 of the larger babies will take on some of Lilys markings as they have what appears to be a white strap marking on their backs :D the rest aren't showing any markings yet.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I'm afraid I'm not any help on this one but I'd ove to see people's responses as when my two girls had their litters there were three tiny babies :) So now Gideon, Itsy and Bitsy are slightly smaller than their brothers and sisters but make up for it by getting into more trouble :p

·
Registered
120 Posts
Is the mother first timer? Whe might not have enough milk for all the babies. I usually cull the babies that are clearly smaller than others, but if you want to let them live, they will grow to be just fine pets. But you should not use them for breeding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.