Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bred the RW i got from (sorry ive forgot your name again) Mousebreeder (i think that their forum name) and a Agouti tan i got from Jake of Yankee Doodle Stud

They were born 4th november 2008, There father the RW died on the 5th due to the fireworks i think.

They have produce some PEWs ( i think) some tans unsure of colour and one rumpwhite which im really happy with.

Some of the babies have rather red belly aswel does anyone know what this means ?

Cheers
Mark

Anyway there was 13 in total but ive taken that down to 6 so they are now nursing 3 each.

4th November 2008 ( Couple of hours after they were born ).

Then these are from today.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
A PEW? Have you got any pictues?

Such a shame to hear about the RW buck, was it one of the satin ones or a cinnamon tan?
I had a litter born slightly prematurely on the 5th so I think the fireworks had something to do with that!

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
I was away during the worst fireworks and on my return my fiance told me he found one of my brindles (a silver) dead the day after, and she had not been ill at all. I also wonder if it was something to do with fireworks, though what I don't know!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
That is a great rumpwhite considering one of the parents isnt a rumpwhite!

The pale baby is very light, its quite similar to the palest baby from my dilute doe (ce gene). Would love to see updates of this baby to compare to mine as I would like to understand the gene a bit more.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ian said:
That is a great rumpwhite considering one of the parents isnt a rumpwhite!

The pale baby is very light, its quite similar to the palest baby from my dilute doe (ce gene). Would love to see updates of this baby to compare to mine as I would like to understand the gene a bit more.
Her father was a rumpwhite :S

·
Registered
341 Posts
i think ian meant as only one parent was rumpwhite and one wasnt, usually with homozygous to non your chances off rumpwhite babies are less than with homozygous to homozygous ;) either way, ian is right, you are lucky to get a well marked baby like that first time around :cool:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
daisy said:
i think ian meant as only one parent was rumpwhite and one wasnt, usually with homozygous to non your chances off rumpwhite babies are less than with homozygous to homozygous ;) either way, ian is right, you are lucky to get a well marked baby like that first time around :cool:
Yep that's what I meant, usually I only get a bit of white on the tail and white hind feet in the first generation from a non rumpwhite x rumpwhite.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts