Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a question for cait really, or anyone else who might know!
im hoping for reds out of my fawn doe and cinnamon buck but i've no experience in baby reds so not sure what the pigament should look like, they are 2 days old:

there are 6, 5 dark and one pale, all seem to have black eyes, so does this rule out fawn for the paler one?

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Fawns have pink eyes so none will be fawn. The pale one might be a red but I don't think the others will be, they'll probably end up agouti or cinnamon I would think.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh bum... thanks for that, just what i need MORE agoutis!! more cinnamons would be nice, i will pray for a red! so reds would be pale then? would fawns also look pale at this age?
can u remember off hand the fawns history of what she carries?

cheers cait

·
Registered
445 Posts
keep us posted on what they turn out like please daisy.... i too am hoping for reds and have a litter of 9 two are dark like yours and the rest lighter all with dark eyes.

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Thinking about it daisy, I think they'll be cinnamon because the fawn carries champagne (PE chocolate) and cinnamon is agouti with chocolate dilution. So you should get 2 doses of choc dilution in those that aren't fawn, in this case meaning cinnamon unless your cinnamon carries anything less dominant as well.

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
I have a litter a couple of days older and it's clear I have 2 reds ,1 agouti and one cinnamon.The reds and cinnamon looked the same at first but once the stubble breaks through it all becomes clear.Mine were red x red,if only the babies were all red.My first red brindle litter has also been born but whether there are any remains to be seen.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cinnamon buck is from cinnamon self rumpwhite (who was from yours and was ians) and black tan

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
In that case you might get some self colours too, most likely black but could also get chocolate if the black tan carried that and passed it on.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
exciting stuff! i want to get some of that red gene into my hairless and have fat baldies :cool:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
here they are...
I have 3 self agoutis, one agouti tan... one i thought was going to be cinnamon but now think might be a sable... and ONE pale red?

the red guy

the doe i think is sable:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts