Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What could I excpect from these?

Red broken buck - Dad is Satin
(I couldn't get any pictures that showed off his colour properly so this is him as a baby

Black Vari doe - Carries Satin
(I was giving her the once over today, and I found these sort of coloured patched on her underside. Two or three patches of a very light tan. I'm not sure where its from but i just thought I would include that :) )

So Red broken (dad is satin) X Black Vari (carries satin)..... What can I expect?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's not satin but his dad is. Sorry about that :roll:

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Mum sounds like a black tan, so you'd definately get variegateds and selfs in sable and black, about a quarter of the litter will be satin and all of the babies will carry broken and not show as it is recessive (unless the mum carries broken too, when there would be some.) You could get reds, depending on whether mum has one or two tan genes - which you can't tell unless you know her parents' colours.

Sarah xxx

·
Registered
304 Posts
the parents are black banded doe x blue/black variegated as I have one of the sisters/baby ;)
I think thats right.

·
Registered
721 Posts
The bit of tan on your mouse Simone is very pale, or it was, it was hardly noticable the dad has even paler more cream colour under his mouth its a very tiny amount that I only notice a few weeks ago his dad was a black Tan and his litters always through out some BT's. because of the amount of tan/cream I call him a vari as he is that all over apart from this tiny dot of a mark.
I dont know much about mum she cam from Dom and Fae.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts