Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dexter, my oldest male (only 8 months) is really ill. He is not cleaning himself, he does not seem to be drinking, and today when I held him his genitalia were hanging out and seemed to be dry. There was blood at the tip. He has been eating very little. I haven't noticed before because he's been blending it in with his bedding. I use wood shavings, but the bag doesnt tell me what type. Should I switch bedding types? Should I put him down. He is only 25 grams, vs. his sons which are each 43-36 grams.

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am taking him to a vet as soon as I can. I am planning to take him today if I can. The moment I saw this I mover him to a paper-based bedding. I have made it easier for him to eat and drink. Poor Dexter

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't want to hurt him further. Unfortunately, the cbheapest small animal vet check-up is $60 and to put him down is $50. Is there a humane way to put him down. My dad won't let me spend more than $20 on his vetrinary bill.

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I PMed and admin. Does anyone have a suggestion besides culling. I don't want to put down my Dexxy boy! Please, if you have any suggestions on getting him to eat, drink, or end the pain, tell me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.