Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my reply to Ruthy's topic, I decided not to post it publicly because it would just give the idiots on AAM something more to complain about ;)

--

I really don't understand why anyone would want rescue mice, especially if they have been in contact with wild mice!!

Being a breeder I would not want these mice anywhere near my stock, what if they was to spread something and wipe out some of our "healthy" mice, personally I would cull the lot of these rescue's, Sorry to anyone that finds this harsh but why would anyone want a pet thats more than likely sick or going to have problems at some stage or another when they could just get healthy mice from a good breeder.

I'm also not very fond of this forum and as for the fun mouse forum, don't get me started... All of them don't have a clue...

·
Registered
261 Posts
I dont disagree with anything you have said Dom so dont worry! Everyone has their own opinion. If i did take some of these mice they would be separate from my stock, probably in another room. I feel like banging my head against the wall with those people on that forum!

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Hey guys - i agree with you - i don't let wild mice get near my stock - I've got poison traps laid out all over my garage. I certainly wouldn't let rescue mice near my lot, and even if i get show stock from another breeder, i keep them indoors for a week just to keep an eye on them to check them for outbreaks of colds etc, before i move them into the garage. You have to be careful when you put so much effort into breeding them and improving them - i'd be heartbroken if something caught my lot and i lost most of them! Absolutely gutted.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I agree too! lol. For at least a week before I got my mice from Rachael, I got my dad to make our house a mouse free zone!!

·
Registered
982 Posts
a friend of mine lost 60 of her top quality (and much loved) exhibition cavies last year because someone sold her one with chlamydia which then spread throughout her shed and she lost each and every one, it was awful :eek:

I rescue a lot of animals (not mice!) and I have a seperate quarantine shed where they all stay for a minimum of 2 weeks - some longer as disease incubation periods vary but they go no where near my animals untill I'm 100% satisfied they've bought nothing with them ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts