Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it's been a few weeks since I was last on so thought I'd pop on to say hi and share the good news - we had rat babies a few days ago. They are absolutely gorgeous (in that naked, alien looking way!) and Mum is doing good.

Here we are as of last night =)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry guys and girls, it has been a busy one today :roll:
Mum is an Agouti Striped Roan and Dad is a Hooded Champagne.
The main aim from the first breeding is to improve on the markings that Mum and Dad have. I'm not sure how well that went, we'll have to see as the fur grows in, but so far they don't look as uniform as I would have liked. However, we have our starting point so I am a happy bunny. Colour wasn't so much of an issue as the markings themselves for now but looks like they've taken Mums side, which is awesome. I'm also hoping for better set tails as my girls aren't quite perfect, we'll see how that goes too. Lots of long term plans but for now we are taking things slow. I've had a great breeder friend on stand by to help and he has been a gem, though we haven't needed him at all, whoop!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Taken some more pictures over the last few days, so thought you all might like to see a couple. Their fur is on it's way now and so colours are becoming visible. I'm very happy with them and by next week, should have chosen the ones I will be keeping for myself (must-not-keep-all-of-them :lol: )

Attachments

• 111.2 KB Views: 87
  • Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    97.5 KB Views: 82
  • 110.6 KB Views: 82
  • Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    91.8 KB Views: 78
  • 72.5 KB Views: 81

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi WD, lovely isn't she? Yep, she is a girl - so happy! We will only be keeping girls from this litter but if there is more than four girls, they will be available. So! Get yaself up here hehehe!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I went to a little family run pet store that takes really good care of their animals where I live today and they had the cutest little ratties. Two of them were fuzzy, and one was standard. I have never had a pet rat, only like every other animal on earth, but I am so tempted to go back and grab a couple. Although I'd feel bad if I just left one there alone :[ My parents say I already have too many pets, so they said I could get some only if I don't have as many mice. Haha sad days :[ But your babies are adorable. they look like little puppies :D

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi i was looking at your rat babies ( they are sooooooo cute), anyway, we have just had a litter of ratty babies and they have markings like that with a big white V on their heads.
what is this patern called? sorry but very new to all the geneics :lol: :lol:
By the way dad is plain black rat and mum is a huskey or roan well thats what we were told anyway!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.