Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are updated pictures of the two pups in question. They came out of a chocolate tan and a broken agouti merle from unknown heritage. Also in the litter (all are broken): black tan, chocolate (one is just a broken choc and the other looks to be fox), and agouti.

Someone suggested cinnamon for this doe before I believe.

She is in the middle here with agouti to the left and black to the right.

Just for reference, this buck does have a tan belly.
He is on the far right in the first one

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ccoryjohnn said:
omg i want the one in the last picture... so cuteee
I LOVE him :) He is very social with people too, he has a very nice temperament. I just wish I could figure out what color he is!

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
The one in the first pic looks a little malnourished. You might want to give them, and their mother some extra good food. Seeds and dog food ought to brig their weight up. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It might just be the picture, we actually feed a combo of blocks and puppy food (not cheap puppy food either ;) ) to pregnant/nursing does and to pups. All of the pups are about the same size and weight (the smallest being the silvery little one at 9.05g, and the largest the black tan doe at 9.55g). I will definitely keep an eye on it though.

Any other ideas of what the second pup's color might be?

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I was wondering if it might be the picture angle. :p

Careful feeding the blocks to breeder does, there was been studies showing it can cause high mortality rates in litters, small litter size, and infertility later in life.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rhasputin said:
I was wondering if it might be the picture angle. :p

Careful feeding the blocks to breeder does, there was been studies showing it can cause high mortality rates in litters, small litter size, and infertility later in life.
:shock: ...should I stick to mostly puppy food then? I had never heard that...

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
There are certain blocks that are worse than others. But with corn and soy as the main ingredients, the blocks are full of pesticides from the genetically modified ingredients. :eek:

Puppy food is good, try adding grains from a feed store, and millet seeds and rice too!
They'll replace the blocks just fine. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I feed Orijen to my dogs, so that is what I have been giving the mice. I guess I'll have to get some grains to add to it since it is grain free :) Thanks for pointing that out!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts