Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This show will have an auction class where members can sell stock,proceeds split 50/50 with the club and people can aquire new stock.I love the auction class,its always interesting.

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a mouse novice may be better off getting their chosen variety straight from a breeder along with that breeders advice but it's up to the individual .Other than that you are able to examine mice that will be available to bid on as closely as you wish and free to ask anyone there, including the owner questions and if you take a shine to any ones in particular you can bid on the mice, which are usually sold in trios.I might come away with something new myself.

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are selling you have to enter them into the auction class via the show secretary.

·
Registered
258 Posts
sarahc said:
a mouse novice may be better off getting their chosen variety straight from a breeder along with that breeders advice.
Fully agree that is the way for a novice to go, was wondering more how the class worked as I had never come across a class like that in the rat fancy.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Rowangate said:
Do the entrants in an auction class get judged? or is it purely a way of recording stock that will be in the auction.
we used to do this Lian, along with pairs and trio's, these classes were dropped from the rat schedule in the late 80's.

I have done a couple rat auctions at shows, but now that we do not allow stock sales we cannot have them. They were increasingly unpopular as people nowadays mostly like to ask their prospective new rat owners loads of stuff....

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mouse shows generally only have mouse fanciers in attendance so it's not quite the same.Its a rarety that anyone would be aquiring pets.

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The exception is Bradford Championship show but you have to be a club member at that venue to bid.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I definitly recall there being a rat auction at 2 of the Bradford champs when they were at the racecourse. So maybe only 7 or 8 years ago were the last ones.

·
Registered
258 Posts
julieszoo said:
I definitly recall there being a rat auction at 2 of the Bradford champs when they were at the racecourse. So maybe only 7 or 8 years ago were the last ones.
I can remember rat sale stock being sold at shows but never any auctions. I bet some of the mice go for a good price as auctions are very easy to get carried away with.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Preston, now I'm sure that's not too far from me... does anyone have the address please?

Vi x

·
Registered
374 Posts
hmm, it's further than the farthest guinea show we go to. I may manage to wangle a train ticket there though, maybe.

Vi x

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
its also the furthest for me.Its possible to combine with a trip to Blackpool though.Its got a pub actually next door that does a carvery for £3.50 ,what more could you want :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Sarah, you possibly pass me on the way up then? I'm in shrewsbury, which is around 10 miles east of the north wales border. I'll PM you later in the day... maybe we could meet up halfway or something and share the travel, it is a long way for you to go. Just a suggestion though of course.

Vi x

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sounds a good idea,cost is so high now.We always have space for two humans and whatever mice.

·
Registered
374 Posts
and we should have space for the same :) it might be fairer for us to take you after we meet up, since you've already come up quite a way.

Vi x

1 - 20 of 33 Posts