Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had her with a buck for about a week. I'm assuming that she is pregnant, but I want to get her back with a male A.S.A.P if not, so any input you have would be great. :)

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
If she was in with a buck for a week and she is over 6 weeks old (which she should be anyway if you bred her on purpose) then it is most likely that she is indeed pregnant. She would start to show obviously after 2 weeks from conception and there will soon be no doubt. If there are no signs of pregnancy you still need to wait at least 3 weeks after the time you removed the buck, just in case she's pregnant but not showing (which can happen).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She's 11 weeks old and this will be her first litter, so I'm not sure what her 'normal', so to speak, is. It's been about 2 and a half weeks so far, but Ill update in a couple days. Thanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
She looks preggers to me. Sometimes it is hard to tell. I could feel little wriggley things inside their tummies several nights before.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Is it just me or are the pictures not there!!? It says they have been deleted off photobucket :ugeek:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
It can be really difficult to tell, sometimes I've had does who have given birth to smaller litters and they havent even looked a bit chubbier than normal when pregnant. I'd say the first picture looks like a rounded belly and the nipples are showinng a bit so those are sort of signs she is expecting, maybe another week or so.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I checked her again, and she's definitely trimming the hair around her nipples so I expect a litter within the next week :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Congrats on your forth coming litter I would say maybe sooner than a week if she has nipples showing ready for the babies.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
When my PEW was preggers with 12, some photos showed her like she'd swallowed a golf ball, and some she looked completely normal :lol:.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts