Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine who is only 15 took on 3 rescue mice and 1 of which was a castrated male :!:

Well today he has found 8 dead babies so either one of the ''girls'' isnt or the male wasnt castrated properly

The problem is which ever is a male it has gotten his old doe preggars :( She is between 18 to 20 months and looks ready to drop ! So what is the likelyhood of her being able to birth safely ?

There are 6 girls alltogether that could be pregnant and they are going to be fostered in pairs by myself and another good friend who has mice
The rescue the 3 came from are going to be contacted and i am going to suggest/Insist that they help to home the resulting babies.
So any advice you can offer would be greatfully appreciated.

Many thanks
Juliet xx

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No she is a pet doe and was never bred from !!
the babies were born 7 to 8 days ago and he has had the 3 new mice including the neutered male since 1st April and the mouse that is pregnant was introd to the other 3 with her cage mates about 2 and a weeks ago so it all fits in timewise and now this poor kid has possibly 6 pregnant mice !!
We do wonder if one of the 2 ''girls'' he got with the boy from the rescue were possibly mis sexed and maybe 1 is a entire male ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.