Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does sit mean when a pregnant doe gets smaller? I have this doe who was quite big, but then she shrunk and looks like a semi pregnant mouse with a smaller stomache. She's still healthy, pregnant, and active. She's even feeding the other's babies.

·
Registered
266 Posts
It is possible that she aborted some. When you say feeding another litter do you mean she is actually nursing one litter while being bred with her own? I would think that if she is feeding another does litter that she would feel to stressed to carry her own litter especially if it was large.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought she could have aborted them too. But I wasn't sure if they can really do that. She nursed two litters with the mothers for 1 day. She was already smaller before that. Hmm she did get sick at one point, dust problems from workers, but she got big after that... and then she shrunk. I think she might be getting old now. Maybe that is why. Anyway, I checked on her and it appears there are more babies than there were the last time I checked. Not many, maybe 6?... I counted real quick and came out with 31 babies from 3 moms!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts