Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not sure if this would be the right section.

So I want to find out more about how everyone can tell whether thier does are pregnant. I usually judge by observinng growth around the stomach but really its unpredictable, Ive had some does give birth earlier than I had expected because they just didnt get big bellies.

I have a doe at the moment who I hope is pregnant, her belly is rounded and feels firm all over. I also have a few other does which have soft bellies with small firm masses inside and others with no swelling or masses. Is it a trustworthy way of telling or not?
At the moment I feel like the only way I can tell they are pregnant is when babies arrive, I used to be able to tell really easily just by looking but Im having so few litters I think I've lost the knack.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I always look out for plugs too, Ive seen quite a few recently so fingers crossed the mating actually result in babies. I really need to see some litters coming out or I'm going to be in trouble of losing all my lines.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.