Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you identify my mice, from upper right to left and lower right to left
and correct me, if the color is wrong

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
I don't deal with beige much, so I can't help on most of them, but PE beige is uncommon due to the C- and P- loci being linked, but the ones I've seen are much lighter than the one you have. What are its parents?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jack Garcia said:
I don't deal with beige much, so I can't help on most of them, but PE beige is uncommon due to the C- and P- loci being linked, but the ones I've seen are much lighter than the one you have. What are its parents?
@Jack Garcia
sir i mean it is only my option, but if you know the real color...pls do help me...

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
I really would have a hard time saying. If the pictures were a little bigger, it wold help. the only one I'd hazard a guess at is the one in the middle top, which looks like fawn A^y/* p/p (p=recessive for pink eyes) to me. The rest look like they all carry some sort of dilution(s). If these all come from the same litter, that would be a useful thing to know. some of them look like umbrous (shadowed by with dark hair tips) perhaps red A^y/* P/* (P= dominanat for black eyes), or diluted agouti. (A/*).

Oh, A^y is yellow(fawn with red eyes = p/p or; red (yellow or orange or brindled with P/* = black eyes, A is agouti, the recessive in that spot would be a, or black in the presence of no other dilutions, and (in the presence of dilution factors) many shades in between black and bone, like beige, coffee, chocolate, stone, etc.

I recommend the Finnish site, Finnmouse's Breeding pages. It's the best online source around for trying to figure this sort of thing out (other than asking in this forum, in which there is a wealth of information and ideas).

http://www.hiiret.fi/eng/breeding/varieties/index.html

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
moustress said:
I really would have a hard time saying. If the pictures were a little bigger, it wold help. the only one I'd hazard a guess at is the one in the middle top, which looks like fawn A^y/* p/p (p=recessive for pink eyes) to me. The rest look like they all carry some sort of dilution(s). If these all come from the same litter, that would be a useful thing to know. some of them look like umbrous (shadowed by with dark hair tips) perhaps red A^y/* P/* (P= dominanat for black eyes), or diluted agouti. (A/*).

Oh, A^y is yellow(fawn with red eyes = p/p or; red (yellow or orange or brindled with P/* = black eyes, A is agouti, the recessive in that spot would be a, or black in the presence of no other dilutions, and (in the presence of dilution factors) many shades in between black and bone, like beige, coffee, chocolate, stone, etc.

I recommend the Finnish site, Finnmouse's Breeding pages. It's the best online source around for trying to figure this sort of thing out (other than asking in this forum, in which there is a wealth of information and ideas).

http://www.hiiret.fi/eng/breeding/varieties/index.html
thank you very much..
the image in the upper side are came from one litter.
the image in the lowerside are from one litter also..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts