Pet Mice Forum banner

peterborough October 10th

8K views 45 replies 11 participants last post by  SarahC 
#1 ·
Who is going.It's a great day out and lots of trade stalls,animals,food and entertainment.In fact dare I say it,we usually do some Christmas shopping there.Brace yourselfs....it's only 104 days to Christmas.I will be there and I'm really looking forward to it.Hoping to purchase some decent wellies and a new dog bed.

#30 ·
Well what an awesome day! My mice won Best Opposite Age Self (silver U/8) and Best Opposite Age Satin (dove satin U/8)!!! I couldn't be more proud, those are my best results yet! :D :D :D

The show was lovely, as always. Not many mice, but they were of very high quality all round. I took lots of pictures and I'll post them on here later on. I'm also sending them to the NMC magazine editor.

Sarah xxx

#32 ·
and I got best self and best opposite age in show with a red.Stuart got best in show with one of his fabulous silver tans and Joe got best marked with the old faithful even.I think best satin was also a red.I don't know about best aov.A great sociable day,wonderful weather.

#35 ·
Well done both Sarahs. It was a long and tiring day, such a big ground and lots to get aorund and see. I was exhausted which hopefully explains why I was half asleep when I was attempting (and failing) to focus on a conversation with you the end SarahY.

I had intended to enter a totally by chance but well marked even but unfortunately she was very rattly when I went to collect her from the shed this morning. I replaced her with a hereford and it did ok, 2nd u/8 marked challenge. I believe I lost out to a Joe Bennett Even which seems to have happened alot this year :roll:
All of my rumpwhites fell to crap and there were two which werent even placed. Ive got to go back and take a good look at the rumpwhites, I think I need to do something drastic.

#39 ·
Congrats to both Sarahs. Brilliant results with really difficult varieties. I am glad your determination and patience is paying off with the doves Sarah Y, I know what its like to beat your head against the brick wall of obscure mice!....Oh yeah Sarah C who was right to say beware the fancier who says they havent got any good ones eh?...cmon admit it I was right!.

#45 ·
Well done to everyone!
Sorry Best in Show and Best opposite age in show did not have medals. Dave Leigh hasn't posted them down to me, please Pm me your addresses and i will forward the medals when Phil collects them for me at the Preston show.
What did everyone think of the section cards? They are the fantastic ones Brian Cookson used to use, they are my fav!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.