Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here do overseas shipping? My girlfriend and I are wanting to get a shipment from overseas, and we have a few other fanciers interested as well. We are in the United States (Mississippi) and just wanted to know if anyone has any experience or is willing to do this. My girlfriend has a friend that got a shipment from overseas who can help her work out the details, but now we just need to find the mice and the right breeder. She is interested in Chinchilla, Tan, Red, and PEW (Or she wants Sable, Marten Sable, and PEW). And I want Super Black. We want nice show quality animals to breed and compete with at the U.S. shows. They have to be really nice, my girlfriend is a trained U.S. mouse judge and she is a bit picky about type. :)

I appreciate any help you can offer me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I once sent a shipment to the United States, so if necessary I can give some help. At the moment I can't do the shipment myself, because I'm very busy with other stuff and I'm preparing another shipment already. Probably I will have some more time after spring, so if you didn't find someone by that time I will see if I can get the mice sent to you. Maybe it's possible to arrange a trade, you have a lot of colours overthere we would like to get in Europe ;)

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Well, hey there! Have you considered getting mice shipped from the AFRMA (in California)? Many of the mice bred by Karen rival top English-winning specimens and it costs much less to have them shipped, since it's domestic. I heard Jennifer say she spent $5000 all together having mice shipped from England, because once they got into the US there were all sorts of complicated fees at the airport that nobody foresaw. I may be shipping some mice in the spring and I am hoping to spend less than $2000.

I have some really nice PEW standard coats right here in Kentucky who are linebred from mice shipped out of England over 30 years ago. I only have a few since they're not my main variety but I could breed a litter or two specifically for other fanciers. The current generation of females isn't old enough to breed yet. They have really nice ears and heads but are a little bit on the small side.

Also, Allison knows Christine. Maybe contact her? She has mice shipped the last few years from the Netherlands, Germany, and I think the UK too in all the varieties you mentioned. Christine is actually one of two people (along with Mike) who shipped the splashed, merle, and recessive red genes to Germany. She's become a bit of an expert at shipping mice across the ocean both ways. :p

If you were to get mice shipped from Europe or the UK, I would definitely be interested in trading a PEW or two. ;)

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
I really don't say this lightly, of Karen's mice that I've seen (particularly the pale selfs and the splashed) they are some of the most excellently typed mice I've ever seen, bar none. She's been working on the same lines for decades and you can definitely tell it. She is also one of the nicest mouse people out there. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts