Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my hairless doe's is 2 days overdue, and is lying around a lot, should i be worried yet?

Shes still eating and cleaning herself, but is lying flat out a lot too, i can still see the babies moving around inside her so they are still alive...

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
How do you know she's overdue? Is it now 23 days since you removed the buck? I only ask this because sometimes people say they're overdue but they're actually counting from when they put the buck in, not took him out (simple I know but worth asking). I'd guess she's hot, it is definitely warmer today and I was too hot last night myself. Maybe move her to a cooler area of the house if possible, if not put a fan on in the place her cage is kept. I'm sure she'll oblige with babies soon!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope she does, the babies are just constantly wriggling around inside of her like worms! they certainly want to come out i think, but shes not even bothering to build a nest like the others did, i've put some tissue paper in and cardboard to chew up, but i guess she is a bit warm and isn't interested, shes faffing around her nether regions, but she was doing this last night too which is why i thought i'd have some pink sausages this morning, but nothing :|

I hope shes ok, i've got a weather station recording the outdoor and room temperature, if it gets too high, i'll move her...

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
If you've got a fan to move the air around that may make her feel better. I wouldn't worry too much about the nesting, some does make fantastic nests and some don't bother. Bear in mind that it's fairly rare for them to have complications with the actual birth (compared to humans for example!) so I'm sure she'll be fine. It may just look worse when the babies move because she's a hairless! I know mine used to look very odd sometimes when near their due date :p

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oops i forgot to say, the same afternoon i posted this, i went up to be greeted by a lovely bunch of pink beans :D

They're all doing very well and mum was safely watching them from a distance with her paws over her nose while another mum looked after them for a bit, she must have been knackered!

Just got my last hairless girl due now, hope she doesn't give me a scare too! :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts