Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The little female I got 20 days ago just showed me some huge nuts :eek:

And of course he has been living together with Bianca and Kali, so i guess they both have been mating with the little rascal :?

So since I might get a lot of babies soon, i would like to know what colour "Josefine" is and what colours and markings i can expect ;)

The little cheater "Josefine":

Proof she's a he :oops:
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Kali is black berkshire satin longhair (she carry chocolate) and Bianca is broken red (very undermarked, only 3 tiny red spots).

Hope you guys will help me here :)

·
Registered
721 Posts
How old is she ?...oh I mean he :lol:
It doesnt seem to have much if any hair in the region in question, and I have to say that I have not come across a buck with out hair in that area :? You dont think it could be something else do you?
How long has the mouse in question been with these females?

Is anyone else thinking anything about this?

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Angelmouse said:
How old is she ?...oh I mean he :lol:
It doesnt seem to have much if any hair in the region in question, and I have to say that I have not come across a buck with out hair in that area :? You dont think it could be something else do you?
How long has the mouse in question been with these females?

Is anyone else thinking anything about this?
I don't know when he was born, he was from a fair. But from his size when i had him home, i would say he's somewhere between 6-8 weeks.

I am sure he's a male, i have had several males the last couple of years so i know what a pair of testicles looks like on a mouse ;)

He has been with the others for 20 days today.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I wasnt saying you didnt ;)
Oh well lets see what happens, I guess some show earlier than others!
I put my 6wk old buck with 2 does that I had, I ran out of cages (we had an emergency) and I was going to put him with them anyway but was hoping it would happen too quickly but sure enough 20 days later we had new additions. :D But would you believe it I think I've sold them already! and they are only 1 1/2 wks old!
Is'nt it just the way you breed on a schedule and no ones interested and then when something like that happens they go like hot cakes ;)
Any how post pics when the liittle ones arrive :D

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Angelmouse said:
I wasnt saying you didnt ;)
Oh well lets see what happens, I guess some show earlier than others!
I put my 6wk old buck with 2 does that I had, I ran out of cages (we had an emergency) and I was going to put him with them anyway but was hoping it would happen too quickly but sure enough 20 days later we had new additions. :D But would you believe it I think I've sold them already! and they are only 1 1/2 wks old!
Is'nt it just the way you breed on a schedule and no ones interested and then when something like that happens they go like hot cakes ;)
Any how post pics when the liittle ones arrive :D
And i shouldn't have more than one male mouse... But i love the little rascal so i just have to keep him :oops:

I will post lots of pics when the babies arrive - i can't stop posting babypics :lol:

Actually there might be baby pics from Pixie very soon, she's very pregnant and ready to pop anytime now. The father is Mr. Jinks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I too have done this... I checked the entire litter, culled who I didn't want and separated out the boys. One of the girls that I left in the community pen was a pretty little banded Argente. 'She' matured a little more and one day I was enjoying myself simply watching them. And sure enough... NUTS! ARG!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts