Pet Mice Forum banner

NON show quality Netherland Dwarfs

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Alan_Calderwood 
#1 ·
hi has any one got any pics of non show quality nethies as i got given a doe today and im not sure if she is a nethie i have another younger doe how is of show stock but looks nothing like her

the new dose is realy small and has the typical small ears but her face is quite narrow and longer than my other doe

im just wanting to see some comparison photos as all i can find on the net is realy nice good quality show pics

thanks
Alan

#2 ·
if you post a picture we would probably be able to tell you - the majority of the "nethies" today aren't true neths unless they're coming from top breeders who are working to maintain the standard.

you need to look for small ears, compact body and huge eyes. My biggest nethie is my buck and he weighs just under a kilogram bless him :lol:

a lot of the ones I've seen advertised lately on Preloved and sites like that are really bad type, too big in the body and too long in the ear.

anyway this is Scooter, he's show standard

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.