Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
There's a major problem with the NMC site, and we desperately need the owner to get in touch with us so that we can move the hosting so that it can actually be edited. At the moment this requires dial up (!) and a log in that for whatever reason will not work for my computer (although I have broadband anyway so this wouldn't help). Unfortunately Ernest Waterhouse (the domain name is registered in his son's name) has moved house nd not forwarded his details to the Secretary so we cannot contact him until he does. Until then the website must remain as it is, which is very frustrating to me!!! If anyone has his details or knows how to get in touch if they can let me know it would be VERY appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
can't you put an appeal in the nmc news.Mousedoms most wanted....Seriously somebody in the club must know where he is and a small appeal might work.

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
I offered to help with the NMC website but got this response

There will be big changes in the website over the next week, so all I can say it check it regularly. The offer of help is appreciated, but things should improve rapidly now.

Regards

Anne

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Any suggestions, let me know. I've bought a new URL and transferred and updated the current site, but I need to know what sort of content people want to see. When this is done the new URL will be launched.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I think reasonably similar to what it already had just regularly updated such as the show calendar and variety standards. A genetics table and information about the genes involved in each variety like the finnmouse site would be useful. I think the current site looks a bit sterile so more photos and colour would be welcoming.
Some of the information of your site Cait is really useful, the showing tips and things-although I think theres a link on the NMC site!

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
well done cait.I think the london and southern counties section on varieties is very good,especially as the description is accompanied by pictures.With your flair for photography I'm sure you could give them a run for their money,time and commitments allowing of course.

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Well I have already added a few missing photos to the new version, but I could do with getting a few more of the rarer varieties that are missing at the moment. Sarah do you think your BIS fawn satin would like his photo taken? :D

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
Hes had so much handling that he is super duper tame.You can photograph him or I can send you a picture,not of your standard though :(

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
If I pretend that I want to take his photo myself can I come round and have a nosy at the ferret kits? :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
If anyone has photos of RECENT shows (past 12 months) can they please email the best ones to me at [email protected]

I'm looking for judging shots, photos of winning mice (have to be good examples of their variety) or general shots of show atmosphere etc. I have a few but would like some of different shows that I didn't attend - I know a lot of people here went to Swindon and Enfield for example :)

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
You know you're welcome round.I think the best improvement for the website will be just having up to date info.I long since stopped bothering to look because you just know everything would be the same and worse still out of date.

·
Registered
128 Posts
How about a newbie guide to shows? Just a general overview of how to enter, what to expect on the day etc?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts