Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may know, I do rescues on a small scale.
Buddy is the newest one and we are leaning towards keeping him.
He is such a great dog. He is SUPER smart. He currently weighs 68 pounds, but the vet would like to see him gain some more weight(as would I). He was skin and bones when we first got him but he is slowly gaining weight.
We've been taking him to the river to play and he loves it!
We've been working on basic commends and he picks them up fast.
Any ways meet Buddy:

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We got lucky, he was already neutered and housetrained when we found him. We had him scanned for a chip and looked all over for his owners, but in the area we live in, its very common for dogs to be dropped off and since we have no animal control here no one ever picks them up but me.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
That happens a lot in Kentucky, too. We do have animal control but they're severely understaffed and can't take in but a fraction of all the animals they're called about. It's a shame. At the Dairy Queen up the road there is a very small black and white cat who lives underneath the drive-thru window. I asked the workers once about the cat and they explained that he's an unwanted cat who simply stays there year round because the base of the building is warm and people will throw him food out their window.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live in the middle of no where (mainly dirt roads) so people always dump animals off on the roads or down at the river.
I hate how people can dump animals off like that.

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Cute Buddy! Maybe a shepard/rottie mix? My aunt does rescues too, and she rescued a rottie pup that grew to be 36" at the shoulder. His name was Tramp, and he was the sweetest guy. Used to let me ride on his back when I was small enough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts