Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Night between 7 pm and 10 pm my mouse, Juliet, gave birth to 11 healthy babies. She did not seem to have had trouble delivering and all the babies are squirming. All of them have full milk bellies and Juliet is very protective of them. It took me ten minutes to coax her out so I could have a look at them. Unfortunately they are all BE's, though I didn't get to see one, so I may have on PE. Their father is a broken dove and their mother is a black fox. I believe both carry the chocolate gene so I may get a few chocolates. I was really hoping for another dove, because their father is gorgeous (my own opinion). I am still looking forward to their colors though. Any opinions on what the babies will be?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I haven't been here in a long time, but I don't know. I believe I did actually. In fact, I realized today that Dakota, the grandmother,isn't black, but a dark chocolate! Most of the babies are chocolate, and grown up. I think I only got one true black, and the rest are dark chocolates. After closer inspection, there is a lighter chocolate in the girl litter. I'm gonna inspect the boys later. But yep. I got chocolates, and a diluted yellow (I think)

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
In fact, I realized today that Dakota, the grandmother,isn't black, but a dark chocolate!
If she is Fox, then she won't be a perfect black on top, she will be what is referred to as Sepia, which can appear to be a dark ruddy chocolate, but it is genetically just black. :)

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
XD I feel so stupid. Then she's a Sepia I guess. Is the litter sepia as well, because they all, except the black one, are foxes.
You should never feel stupid! We all have to start from somewhere (I didn't always know there was such a thing as Sepia, either) :) But with your mice, you wouldn't call them Sepia (as its not a standard), you'd just call them Black Fox :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.