Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am looking for mice to keep as pets. I used to breed siamese and burmese gerbils in the past and most recently had a Russian Dwarf hamster who sadly died of old age last week. I am based in High Wycombe and would preferably like to find two friendly female satin coated mice as locally as possible!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hiya Kirstin - welcome and good luck with your search. I have trouble locating mice too but I am lucky enough to have 3 does already. And, as of last week, I have adopted 2 chinese hamsters. Parsley and Dill (those of a certain age will now get nostalgic about a certain lion and dog)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I had a Chinese hamster once too called Hamish. I was sold him as a male and called him Hamish throughout his life, but a few years after he died (I was only about 10 when I had him) I realised actually he was a girl when I saw some actual male Chinese hamsters and realised how obvious the difference is! Poor Hamish.

·
Registered
96 Posts
LOL to be honest i have my suspicions that Dill may be Dilys cos Parsley basically has to drag 'his' around yet Dill doesn't seem to be endowed with anything other than a bad attitude

·
Registered
356 Posts
hello and welcome, i hope you find some mice soon, i keep gerbils and hamsters too so it's good to have another hammy and gerbil person here!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts