Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, being very new to this whole mice and varieties thing, i was wondering if i could get some help with some colors, before i get a real headache :) I'm a true newbie, but really wish to learn! So anything is very helpful, even tries on their possible genotype!

so first Bianca, she is black eyed white, just a dark picture, but also seems to be a bad even, with some "light beige" looking marks on her sides

Macchiata: could se be some sort of chocolate even? black eyes

Piccola: according to her breeder there is red in her... diluted? she also seems to be sooted (correct term in english?) black eyes

Sparta: some sort of diluted chocolate fox? black eyes

sunshine: red or yellow perhaps? broken? she has black eyes

At last (for this time!) Edward, just to check... he is Dove no?

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts

I have a feeling that this one is a lilac fox (lilac is a mouse that shows both blue and chocolate)... I am very envious, I am setting up a couple of lines to breed lilac at the moment! hehe

Willow xx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ahh lilac! Thats one option i hadn't considered :s Is there any way i can really "check" what color he is? Heäs truly a little sweetheart, very curious too see how he turns out when he gets older!

hmm champagne, i acctually got that suggestion from his breeder today, although she said he was dove when i bought him :s

gahh.. this whole mouse variety really is confusing, as i find it nearly impossible to compare and tell whats what just off pictures on the internet :s

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Well he looks more browny than bluey... so the way I would do it, is to try and find a blue female and breed him to her... if any of the offspring is blue, then he is lilac rather than a bad chocolate =o) If he is just showing choc, then the babies should be black.

But of course... its never an exact science, cos those pesky mice also carry genes too.

Willow xx

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
WillowDragon said:

I have a feeling that this one is a lilac fox (lilac is a mouse that shows both blue and chocolate)... I am very envious, I am setting up a couple of lines to breed lilac at the moment! hehe

Willow xx
Could also be a blue who carries chocolate. Sometimes just carrying chocolate will alter the color of blue a little bit towards a browner hue...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts