Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great new site that just launched!

Their Mission Statement:
This community was created for the Fancy Mouse enthusiasts in mind. The Admin team and I hope you find this site welcoming, informative, and a fun place to come and just chat about your little mousie family members. Our community exists for breeders, pet owners, and any other mouse enthusiast. Rat breeders and pet owners are also welcome. We have boards for you too! The Administration Team and I hope that all mouse enthusiasts will be able to come together here to learn from, and make connections with each other. I strongly all members to post and participate in discussions! Join now, and get to know everyone!

http://www.littlesqueaksfancymice.com

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
I wish you well with your new site, but don't you think that's an odd turn-of-phrase, "for mouse lovers," considering that that website already exists? If you're gonna have your own site, you need something more distinctive as a "pickup line." That's like the Coke company advertising by mentioning Pepsi. :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would you prefer I said "for mouse enthusiasts"? "Mouse friends"? "Mousy people"?

Fact is, I'm not trying to compete with anyone. Just add to the forums that are already there, and hopefully have some distinctive differences.

One of those differences being that we have a chat up.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Yes, I would prefer that. You're stepping onto the MouseLovers' community. It can't be enforced, but it's a common courtesy that shouldn't have to be asked for: don't use other people's registered names when advertising yourself! It makes you look bad from the get-go! You don't want to get started off like that. Trust me. ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, for on thing, no other sites names are mentioned on the site. Other than This one, which has a link posted to THIS site. (see, as I said, not wanting to compete, simply wanting to add to the mouse community) The topic was simply that, a topic. I've now changed it, just to suit you.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Thank you for understanding. I really appreciate it.

In case it wasn't clear though: I was only referencing the way you are advertising, especially the title to the thread ("New site for Mouse Lovers!"). There are better ways to promote yourself without looking like you're trying to steal other people's intellectual property, so to speak.

I was actually in a recent situation very much like that, which I can tell you about in PM if you want. It wasn't pretty. :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, it's been changed, and I encourage everyone to visit.

Also, while I respect their site name, the Phrase "Mouse Lover" isn't owned by that site. I'm sure everyone here believes themselves to be a "Mouse Lover" and I often refer to myself as such. If I were using the term in the site somewhere I'd see an issue. However, I'm not.

Toast, We'll be adding more features and links as soon as we can. We'll also be improving the chat interface as well. Hope you all enjoy it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts