Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These little ones are VERY little but could someone give me an idea of what colours they are - I have 2 bucks and 4 does they are all satin

This is the first buck who looks champagne but not "pure" as he has slight brindling on his back over his rump, stunning chap regardless

And the second buck looks like a pink eyed cream to me........

The girls are a bit more tricky.....they "look" (to me) to be Dove, Champagne (or argente?) and Slate......

And the 4th girl looks like a "bad" ivory satin??

I probably won't be keeping them all but I'll run them on for a but to see how they develop, at the moment they're very small and impossible to assess.

So what colours do I have???????

Thankies ;)

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
the first one is either fawn or red. if it has pink eyes its fawn,black eyes red.its not a bad colour at all if fawn but would not be great for a red.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I think you've got some reds in there, the first picture certainly looks like a red and the picture of the three together the top left looks like a red the one next to it (top right) looks like a chocolate to me. I'm not too good with the lighter colours though sorry. Although the one in the second picture coculd be champagne, its got pink eyes hasn't it? champagnes can be that sort of yellowy pinkish tinge.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I know that the top one is the colour of fawn but fawns have pink eyes. The dark one looks like choc, the lightest cream and the other...uhm, stone? Im no expert, but I dont think you have a champagne

·
Registered
374 Posts
don't get mixed up with cavy colours Naomi.

First pic i'd say was red [if dark eyes] and really cannot be brindle, can't get brindle bucks! i expect you mean that his colour changes? probably because of molt or something??

second pic, champagne, has got that pinky tinge to it

third pic, from bottom up, cream, red, chocolate

fourth, possibly ivory

again i'm no expert, but i'm normally not too bad with colours

Vi x

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts

This is a red

I don't think the colour in this picture is accurate as it looks an odd shade. Could be ivory/cream but another picture in natural light would be better.

These are red, chocolate and stone.

Again it might be the lighting but the colour looks off. It's probably an ivory but there seems to be a tinge to it on my monitor.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Cait that's brilliant, I'm pretty certain the pe buck IS cream but I will try to take better pictures of him when he's settled in (and down) a little ;)

As for the "ivory" satin doe I think her colour could look "off" because she's from mixed breeding ie she wasn't born from ivory x ivory stock, she does look a bit grey but only very slightly?

But again I will try to get better pictures of her - thanks for the help, I think they're all beautiful.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Aww aren't they so gorgeous I love the way they are looking up such a gorgeous photo. The white one looks like a PEW.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ivory is a lovely colour. The brown looking one looks like Daisha and Keisha did. What floor covering are you using I like it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts