Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...Or should I say, *hopefully* there will be satins in this litter, both parents are carriers :D And by my calculations all babies should be Dove, with a chance of Silver and maybe PEW.

Born yesterday 17th Feb, 8 very chunky babies and no runty ones in sight! 5 girls and 3 boys.

The Girls

The Boys

One of the boys has a bruise on his face from what looks like a small nip to his muzzle, I shall see how he fairs over the next couple of days.

Updates as they grow as always!

Willow xx

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
the owie to the babes face looks like a bite probably an error during the mom's cleaning it off.

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These photo's are gonna be like a spot the difference! lol They have grown well, but like all light furred babies at 5 days old, still look, well...Pink. LOL

There are definately different shades of dove, and maybe silvers in here! :D

The Girls

The Boys

Poorly nose boy all healed up...

And these cos there cute...

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Awww...they 're all piled up there in your nice warm hand. Adorable. Silver fur is barely visible at this stage. Glad poor nose boy healed.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Ah he has healed nicely. I have a buck which I want to kepe as he might become a new stud buck, the mother removed quite a few of the litter and took a bite out of his head before changing her mind, luckily. He has healed up completely too took about 6 days.

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ouch!! The poor little bubba =o( Lucky he is still with you Ian!

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have assertained that only two of this litter are Satin, which did disappoint me at first, but then I thought, 'Hey, two is better than none!'

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

The Dove is female, and the Silver is male :) The boy may end up going to another home, and maybe the girl too... but depending on how they turn out, I may arrange to get litters out of them first. *laughs*

Willow xx

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I kept on three from this litter, the two satins, and a dove female who was so chunky i couldn't resist! :)

Normal coat dove female (will probably be dark, maybe 'dirty' because she carries chocolate)

Satin dove female

Satin silver Male

I'm happy with how they are turning out!

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
3 and a half weeks old now... kept on silver satin boy and (hopefully) satin carrier dove girl.

I'm REALLY chuffed with these two, such bobby dazzlers!

Silver boy:

Dove Girl:

Can you say... NO TAN!!!!! :D :D :D

Willow xx

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
They are lovely. Your Dove girls ears are super-they look like they've been sprinkled with glitter. :D Please excuse my ignorance but is that because she's a satin that the hairs in her ears look iridescent?

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
She isn't satin, but is hopefully a carrier.

The flash on the camera makes ears and whiskers look sparkly :D

Wxx

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well here's hoping it doesn't!! LOL

But that would make sense as to why i didn't notice it on my older silver boys until taking pictures of them at 9 weeks! hehehe

If the girl turns out good Sarah, you want her? If you don't i have no problems keeping her believe me, but I see a dove mousie and think of you! LOL

Willow xx

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Lovely silver tho the eyes are a bit pale. The dove seems way too light; I'd be tempted to call it champagne, except it doesn't have the golden aura.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts