Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i'll have had Riley for .. three weeks tomorrow :D
But until now it wasn't exactly official as my mom was getting pretty annoyed with his house training failure.
But things are going great now, however he still isn't prefect. He found a dead bird today and brought it into the house and he and Alfie tore it to shreds on the living room rug, my mum's loved and treasured silk rug. Yay.

Ohh well, photos!

Playing in the yard

Just finnished eating grass, the remnants left on his lips and nose lol

[Left to right]
Susan and Alfie, Me and Lucky, Kate with Holly and Quinn then Ashley with Riley.
Lucky (The collie) won 'Most Handsome Dog' at that show ^^ Hopefully when Riley is a little older he will aspire to become the agility dog i intended him to be. Holly (The dal. on the left) Won 'Prettiest Bitch'
He's about 7 months old, and agility training can't beguin until after 6 months of age because it can damage a pup's bones, but he's still too hyper to get more than 10 minutes out of him.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Funny looking thing! I would probably trim the hairs from his nose. Well... That's what I do with my dog, makes her look like a chinese crested, rather than terrier.
And Lucky is so handsome, it's easy to see why he won. :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Very cute boy! I've always wanted a terrier.

The comment about agility training and damaging his bones: 'Real' agility really shouldn't start until a year or if you have his growth plates x-rayed by a vet. You can do plenty of foundation work in the meantime though!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love him to bits. He doesn't like my dad much and growls for ages after my dad comes home.
He's still too troublesome to be permitted free roam of the house while nobody is home, i left him alone for a few minutes while i showered this morning and he tore a dog bed to sheds all over the floor. So he's kept in a cage while everyone is at school/college/work.

His agility training is mostly basic obediance at the moment, learning the comands 'Over' 'Through' 'Wait' none of the jumps have exceded 20cm yet, i think the highest he jumps is onto my bed lol. The tunnel is by far my favorite because i'm training the chute at the moment and he gets near the end and gets lost bless him.

Lucky may look a stunner in that photo, he was clean :p most days he's up to his ears in mud and bits of grass and anything else you could imagine. I'd given him a bath and proper groom the day before the show and made him wear his rug for his walk to keep him clean :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts