Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Adamant and Adamantine's babies have become fully furred; it looks like I have a curly mousie in this litter. I'm pretty happy about the markings on some of these. They are about two weeks old now.

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never bred for any kind of curliness, so I don't know exactly what it is. Most of the babies I've had that are curly do very poorly and die young or I put them down if they seem to be suffering. The weird curly one in the yellow litter (for a while there I thought I may have had an abyssinian) I had a while back seems to be an exception, and I'm guessing that the recessive must have come with the original batch of tri mousies I got from another breeder several years ago.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I love the baby with the grey head at the bottom of the first piccie!! Well done on such beautiful babies!!

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks folks. With all the baloney some have given me over my meeces, I'm tempted to just put up pix and just say, "Look! they're mousies!" just for the sake of not being served a ration of malodorous flup.

·
Registered
310 Posts
what have you been doing with all your recent tri babies? do you have future breedings planned out already? like with the older ones on a dif post as well. you have so many mice! i feel like you could breed a hundred tris in a matter of weeks :lol: (for all i know, you already have!). oh the envy!

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I have a lot of meeces...and most of them are tris at this point. I don't routinely cull as I'm more interested in seeing what colors and markings occur than I am in size or other conformations. I need to check something, I think I may have posted these pix twice...

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, yeah ,they are so cute at this age with the rows of curls. Too bad that doesn't last. I think that some of the long haired satin curlies that keep lush piles of curls into adulthood as too yummy for words. Mine aren't like that, as I don't breed for curly meeces, but it does seem to occur pretty regularly in my tri lines.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts