Pet Mice Forum banner

New pics incl siamese babies - and a random baby??

3K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  miss.understood 
#1 ·
Well a few of you asked to see some new pics, so here they are...

one of the burmese babies, points now darkening in nicely:

Siamese baby - trying to get a close up pic!! (never easy!):

Siamese and burmese babies:

shown here with two babies from another litter (broken agoutis)

My possible siamese fox babies (again very hard to photograph as they're at the mega jumpy stage!)

I found this baby, thought they were all broken blacks....then found this had brown (liver colour) on it's back as well....does that make it tri?

Random pics:
some of my resting does (left to right: Lily, Button, Ollie and Bruiser)

and the gorgeous black tan buck that i bred with the siamese female (father to the possible siamese fox babies)

See less See more
#6 ·
mr party pooper lol till she breeds it and she starts off britsh tri strain whoop whoop then i go the 15 miles to her house and steal all her stock lol

#7 ·
hahaha art has a plan!
I have a mouse that i intend to breed her to when they're both big enough, will be interesting to see if this third colour pops up further down the line....if it did can you imagine how popular that'd be ....i'd go into hiding! lol :lol:

#8 ·
If there were any chance to get a repeat, you should cross back to the parents. Unfortunately, most of these mutations are non inheritable. :(

It could be a somatic mutation, and it's possible that we all could have one with somatic mutations as well, but it does not always affect colour. Usually it affects something completely un-noticeable, like an internal organ. :p

"In multicellular organisms with dedicated reproductive cells, mutations can be subdivided into germ line mutations, which can be passed on to descendants through their reproductive cells, and somatic mutations (also called acquired mutations), which involve cells outside the dedicated reproductive group and which are not usually transmitted to descendants. If the organism can reproduce asexually through mechanisms such as cuttings or budding the distinction can become blurred."

Here's a picture of a Chimera mouse: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... thPups.jpg

#9 ·
whats a chimera mouse got to do with this? isnt a chimera 2 mice in one or 1 mouse made from 2 different dna like 1 mouse made from 2 halfs or different mice? you've confused me with all the science stuff..

#11 ·
"A chimera is an animal that has two or more different populations of genetically distinct cells that originated in different zygotes involved with sexual reproduction; if the different cells emerged from the same zygote, it is called a mosaicism."

So a mouse could, for example, be part piebald black mouse, and part agouti mouse. This would create a tri-colour effect. :)

#13 ·
the siamese that are deffo showing a high gloss, satin, are the ones from the siamese female and black tan buck. you can see his sheen in his pics, he's really glossy :) he's one of my babies from a previous litter. i believe his mother was either button (burmese satin) or fidget (dove tan) - fidget has had some other satin babies too. xx

#15 ·
Kallan said:
I would love a satin one :D Once they have been crossed with a tan, is the tan dominant?
Just one? :lol:

They look lovely Miss.U! Such happy little shiney mice :D I can see why you are keeping that little oddball though, what a cutie! I can't wait for my two burmeses from you :D Going to raid the toy boxes for some toys for them when they get here and then they will be getting intro'd to my siamese girlies when they are a little bigger :D

#17 ·
well, all i know (cos i'm not good at all this genetic lark) - i just breed them for pretty mice :oops: lol

is that the father of this particular litter's black was very black, the tan is solid and of good colour.... the female (siamese) was the one i got from you Kallan, and the babies all look satin. Their tummies remained pink when they were at fuzzy stage. Now their eyes are open and they're a right handful! lol. their tummies are very light. xx

#19 ·
miss.understood said:
hehe, Zany the burmese are looking fabulous! their little noses are darkening down nicely now. what sex was it you were wanting? and am i taking them when i meet with Kallan? theres so many mice going here there and everywhere it's hard to keep track! lol xx
Two little girlies and yes, Kallan is being super duper and picking them up for me :D So if you take them when you meet Kallan then me thinks we are all sorted :mrgreen:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.