Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just taken delivery of my lovely new mice from 'Mousebreeder'

2 black does (one looks nice and pregnant from a blue buck mating! yeah!)
2 blue bucks

They are top quality lovely

I'll post pics when i've charged the batteries for my camera tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah they are quite light, not sure whether their coats will 'mature' a little, but they are from good lines so will make good daddies in the future! :)

i'm new to mice, so others may be able to give better verdicts on their colouring. etc.

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm sure i'll have some blues for sale this year!

just getting them to Bexleyheath from Manchester may be problematic!

I'm so so happy with these, I feel like i can start my mousery properly now.

:)

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
They are darker irl than in the pics. The darker blue buck is a lovely shade and I kind of wished I'd kept him when I was putting them into the travel tanks :lol: They will darken with age a little. The black does are both blue carriers and were each mated to a different one of my 2 stud bucks to give a better start. These are from SarahC's lines as I have now nabbed these for myself.

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah they are darker irl.

I'm so grateful to get these, so i have a real start to my mousery. Looking at these mice, i think i'm breeding Blue and Blacks now!

oh and maybe some RW's from my others.

thanks so much Cait for these.

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
No problem, if you need more in future or any rws just let me know. If you do want to breed blacks you'd need separate stock to start from as being crossed with blues these will be beaten by 'pure' blacks on feet and vent. Have you got photos of your rws?

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
no Maxey, thats something i need to buy a few of!

can you hire at shows.

I won't take himtho, moving him around straight after that trip yesterday. Also i've never been to a mouse show so want to suss it out myself before i take mice for showing.

:)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.