Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
the fronts are actually bars,punchbar fronts for bird cages would be your best option if you want to make them.However maxeys are available for £5 each to members through the club.I will pm the contact details to you.Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi, thanks for information, i managed to get hold of some punch bar and have made the cage fronts, really hard to do.
I now have 25 maxeys and have been to several shows, quite pleased with results. I obviously got hold of excellent stock when I started. All mice I have shown are stock that I have bred from initial starting stock.

Question: Several mice from different breed lines have developed a wasting figure, and have been culled by me. Does anyone know what causes this severe weight loss? Diabetes? No blood just weight loss very quickly, only seems to affect adults that are about 6 months old.

thank you

Nigel

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi,

Just a quick update, I have managed to get hold of some probiotic and I have mixed in water bottle, yet another mouse, this time a PEW doe, no diarrhea otherwise looks healthy, but massive weight loss, all other mice in same box are 100% ok.
so i will keep you informed to see if probiotic works.

nigel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.